Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Lunch, Super Bowl and... the Feds are coming!!

I forgot to mention in my last blog that we had an awesome department luncheon last month. Our wheelchair vendor gave us $100 for lunch, and without much ado, we high-tailed on over to Lola's Pollo a la Brasa (on Victory & Kester in Van Nuys). I love their chicken. It's got TONS of flavor! A big plus is that it is reasonably priced, $15 plus tax for a whole chicken plus two sides. We always get the fries as one of the sides and this time the other side was beans. LM and I also got a side of Papas a la Huancaina. Delish! Sorry about the picture, I started eating then remembered about taking a picture for this blog. That green stuff is the Aji sauce, which has a nice kick. I often told JMK that we were made for each other, he's from the potato country and I LOVE potatoes.


On Thursday the 29th after a rough day at work, JMK and I went to the Olive Garden for dinner. He got the Steak Tuscano of course (according to him, pasta is poor people food) and I got the Four Cheese Stuffed Mezzaluna with Shrimp. Yum! Unfortunately, I filled up on breadsticks (with Alfredo sauce of course!) and stuffed mushrooms so I had to get a to-go box. JMK had no problem scarving down, 2 Cokes, 6 breadsticks (with sauce), most of the ensalada, half of the mushrooms and all of his dinner. He took his own picture that's why the knife is in the way.



Sunday was no ordinary Sunday, it was Super Bowl Sunday! It's about the only football game that I will sit down for. I was rooting for the underdog like I always do and JMK was confident about Pittsburgh's win. I fell asleep during 2nd Quarter but I did catch Harrison's run down the field. Reason I fell asleep is because I woke up early to cook up these beauties.

Pico de gallo. JMK said it was spicy this time. =)
Potato salad. Red potatoes (I left the skins on for Carlitos), celery, hard-boiled eggs, S & P, mayo and (just a squirt) mustard.
Fruit salad... honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries, red seedless grapes, and pineapple.
Chicken tenders
Ah!! These chicken wings are naked!
And now they're dressed! Whew!
This is the awesome filling (russet potatoes, green onion, cheddar cheese, sour cream and S & P) that goes inside of...
These critters. They taste like a loaded baked potato wrapped in a tortilla. Yum!
Kabobs a la LM (except for the mushrooms that was all me). I marinated the steak overnight in Lawry's Steak & Chop marinade. Before...
And after.. Yum! The meat had lots of flavor. The peppers were tender. Not bad for a first-time kabob-er eh?
The federal department of health people came yesterday and caught everyone off guard. We passed our state inspection just fine last month, but I am told that these guys are auditing the auditors. I spoke with all three of the inspectors within a span of 30 minutes. Talk about stress. I had answers. I just hope they're the right ones. These guys (two guys and a gal) are here for the week so I guess I have to make nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment